Thursday, June 09, 2005

TALENT

All my life I wanted to play the guitar. Most guys my age dreamed of being like Clapton or the Beatles or wailing like Jimmie Hendrix. The best I can do is pull some chords on my old acoustic. I am trying to get my 14 year old daughter interested so I can have an excuse for getting a cheap starter electric.........you know, guitar and amp for under $200....that we both can use. Son Joe out in LA has been getting pretty good on his...taking lessons...trying to get into a band...living every boys dream.
Maybe he'll teach me when he comes home.
Of course the issue of talent comes in here. Of which I have none. And short fingers...not a good combination for five-string prowess.

1 comment:

Anvilcloud said...

I remember being around 13 or 14 and thinking that I wanted to learn to play the guitar. Somehow, I ended up in violin lessons for a year before desisting.