Wednesday, June 29, 2005

NBA HOOPS REVISITED

Well, the Spurs and Pistons showed me something. In what I think was a record low scoring NBA final, I saw a game that I will probably come back to next year. Defense was a key, and the 3 point shot was almost all but taken away as a result. Not like the college game, where the trey is an offensive mainstay. Still, I was amazed at how fast these guys are, given their size. True athletes, yes they are. That in itself was worth the watch. Manu Ginobli, who looks like Balki from that show with Cousin Larry, Perfect Strangers.....that dude can play. He should have been MVP....
Now it is back to baseball....this is the year for the Cardinals...last years October was an abberation, a misalignment of the stars...Boston will never repeat what they did, winning 7 straight post-season games...
GO REDBIRDS!!

No comments: