Friday, January 05, 2007

FELIZ ANO NUEVO

Here it is, 2007. Hard to believe it is over 7 years since Y2k madness. Anyone get caught up in that silliness? I have to admit that I did a bit, with food in storage downstairs and ice in the freezer. I still have a few plastic jugs of water frozen, keeping it there just for laughs. But then, the laughs weren't so funny when we lost our power here in the good ole midwest TWICE this year, each time for extended days.
So the dependence on electricity was brought home, literally, with those events.
Now the weather is just stupidly warm for winter.....but no ice storms, thenk yew vurry much.
(a small reference to Elvis, whose birthday my daughter MP and I share this coming Jan 8.....no, no....no need for presents....just send cash...or click on the ads on the sidebar....)
_______________
As for 2007, I resolve to make more entries in this bloggie thing. If for no other reason than I have opinions about most things, and what the heck, it might be fun for awhile again.

For anyone who is interested, I still write a bi-weekly column for the St. Louis Suburban Journals, and it can be found at http://northwestcountyjournal.stltoday.com
You gotta do a little searching, under Opinions, but it's there.
c ya/

No comments: